Monday, 28 January 2019

Jonathan Coulton News

** Well, That Went Great
------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't been, like me, constantly refreshing the Kickstarter page over the last couple of weeks, perhaps you don't know that my "Some Guys" project has gone very well. My goal was $20,000 and we reached that in about two hours. At the end of last week it crossed $100,000, so I'm thrilled to report that the album is in the black before it is even released - that includes all recording, design, and manufacturing expenses. This is an incredible thing, and I'm extremely grateful to all of you who stepped up to support it. Thank you.

If you haven't supported it yet, then you are dead to me. (joke) There is still time, however! The Kickstarter ends February 6, so if you want in, now's the time. Release date is likely the end of March, so it will be available in digital stores then. As for physical product, there isn't any kind of physical distribution for this record, and I haven't gotten my bidness together enough to know exactly how I'll make physical copies available for sale once the Kickstarter is fulfilled. But it is a goal! So this is not your last chance for vinyl, but it is maybe your best and quickest chance.

Here is the place:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1367654906/some-guys-the-new-album-from-jonathan-coulton?ref=1273b8&mc_cid=5284b4c3a7&mc_eid=[UNIQID]

Here's a sample track, because I love you:
https://soundcloud.com/jonathancoulton/make-it-with-you/s-7jeUI?mc_cid=5284b4c3a7&mc_eid=[UNIQID]

And I'll point you to a couple of videos I've made in connection with Some Guys, for funzies.

The Kickstarter video:
https://youtu.be/VDqTbEiw9NU?mc_cid=5284b4c3a7&mc_eid=[UNIQID]

How to Make a Kir, featuring the vinyl test pressing:
https://youtu.be/8S6a-nP479o?mc_cid=5284b4c3a7&mc_eid=[UNIQID]

Dan Fogelberg Dog Lullaby, which is just weird:
https://youtu.be/6yNHCUrKvbQ?mc_cid=5284b4c3a7&mc_eid=[UNIQID]

(He is a greyhound rescue and his name is Ollie.)

Anyway, my sincere thanks to everyone who has supported me over the years, everyone who has ever shared a song, come to a show, written a review, sported a T-shirt, enjoyed a cruise, or even just been nice to me. It's only because of you that I am able to have this amazing job - I do not take it for granted, and I feel lucky every day. Thank you.

More news as it happens, or maybe just a little bit after if I can't get it together to alert you ahead of time!

-j

============================================================
** (http://www.twitter.com/jonathancoulton?mc_cid=5284b4c3a7&mc_eid=[UNIQID])
** (http://www.facebook.com/jonathancoultonofficial?mc_cid=5284b4c3a7&mc_eid=[UNIQID])
** (http://jonathancoulton.com?mc_cid=5284b4c3a7&mc_eid=[UNIQID])
** (http://instagram.com/realjonathancoulton?mc_cid=5284b4c3a7&mc_eid=[UNIQID])
Copyright © 2019 Jonathan Coulton, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up on my mailing list.

Our mailing address is:
Jonathan Coulton
534 3rd Ave. #1010
Brooklyn, New York 11215
USA
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences (https://jonathancoulton.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=87b55ca91b624feed8dbc516d&id=05220760c5&e=858b75d631)
or ** unsubscribe from this list (https://jonathancoulton.us1.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=87b55ca91b624feed8dbc516d&id=05220760c5&e=858b75d631&c=5284b4c3a7)

No comments:

Post a Comment