Monday, 13 March 2017

Jonathan Coulton News

http://solidstate.jonathancoulton.com?utm_source=Jonathan+Coulton+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a6a3b823ee-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_05220760c5-a6a3b823ee-412577609&mc_cid=a6a3b823ee&mc_eid=[UNIQID]


** Cruise Recovery
------------------------------------------------------------
JoCo Cruise 2017 is over. This doesn't seem possible, and yet, here I am in my dumb house bracing for tomorrow's dumb snowstorm. It's very hard to encapsulate (https://twitter.com/i/moments/840704420182601728?utm_source=Jonathan+Coulton+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a6a3b823ee-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_05220760c5-a6a3b823ee-412577609&mc_cid=a6a3b823ee&mc_eid=[UNIQID]) what makes this thing so special, but it has something to do with people being together, and being themselves. I'm tired and happy and sad, but mostly, I'm so proud of what we've made together. I can't wait to do it again.

In fact, we've already started planning for next year, and booking is now open (https://jococruise.com?utm_source=Jonathan+Coulton+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a6a3b823ee-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_05220760c5-a6a3b823ee-412577609&mc_cid=a6a3b823ee&mc_eid=[UNIQID]) . We'll sail out of San Diego and into the Sea of Cortez Feb 18-25, 2018. Early booking discounts are in effect right now, so if you've been thinking of joining us, now would be a good time to pull that trigger. You can book a cabin at jococruise.com.


** Solid State
------------------------------------------------------------
I played a few new songs on the cruise, and was very pleased with the response. I'm very proud of this album, and I can't wait until everyone can actually hear the thing. In the meantime, don't worry, there's plenty of stuff to buy (http://solidstate.jonathancoulton.com?utm_source=Jonathan+Coulton+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a6a3b823ee-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_05220760c5-a6a3b823ee-412577609&mc_cid=a6a3b823ee&mc_eid=[UNIQID]) , including the beautiful companion graphic novel written by Matt Fraction and drawn by Albert Monteys. Here's a little sneak peek:

If you've listened to the single "All This Time," it maybe will make sense if I say this is Bob, the guy in that song. The fellow in the tank is Ray. The identity of the skull is a mystery that I will leave for you to discover when you read the book.

When I launched the pre-order store I got a lot of feedback about vinyl. Apparently some of you don't want vinyl. Well. This vinyl is VERY NICE, but it's an old fashioned technology, I get it! So I've added to the store a CD Bundle, which is like the Deluxe Bundle but there's a CD instead of vinyl. See, I do care. You can pre-order that and many other things at solidstate.jonathancoulton.com.

I'll be out on tour with Aimee Mann (https://www.jonathancoulton.com/home/?utm_source=Jonathan+Coulton+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a6a3b823ee-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_05220760c5-a6a3b823ee-412577609&mc_cid=a6a3b823ee&mc_eid=[UNIQID]#shows) in April and May. Aimee also has a new album out called Mental Illness (http://mentalillness.aimeemann.com?utm_source=Jonathan+Coulton+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a6a3b823ee-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_05220760c5-a6a3b823ee-412577609&mc_cid=a6a3b823ee&mc_eid=[UNIQID]) , with a couple of songs that we wrote together, and a lot of me going "oooooh" in my very soft sensitive voice in the background. I recommend it.


** You Guys
------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously, I don't even know what to do now that the cruise is over.

-j

============================================================
** (http://www.twitter.com/jonathancoulton?utm_source=Jonathan+Coulton+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a6a3b823ee-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_05220760c5-a6a3b823ee-412577609&mc_cid=a6a3b823ee&mc_eid=[UNIQID])
** (http://www.facebook.com/jonathancoultonofficial?utm_source=Jonathan+Coulton+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a6a3b823ee-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_05220760c5-a6a3b823ee-412577609&mc_cid=a6a3b823ee&mc_eid=[UNIQID])
** (http://jonathancoulton.com?utm_source=Jonathan+Coulton+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a6a3b823ee-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_05220760c5-a6a3b823ee-412577609&mc_cid=a6a3b823ee&mc_eid=[UNIQID])
** (http://instagram.com/realjonathancoulton?utm_source=Jonathan+Coulton+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a6a3b823ee-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_05220760c5-a6a3b823ee-412577609&mc_cid=a6a3b823ee&mc_eid=[UNIQID])
Copyright © 2017 Jonathan Coulton, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up on my mailing list.

Our mailing address is:
Jonathan Coulton
534 3rd Ave. #1010
Brooklyn, New York 11215
USA
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences (http://jonathancoulton.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=87b55ca91b624feed8dbc516d&id=05220760c5&e=858b75d631)
or ** unsubscribe from this list (http://jonathancoulton.us1.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=87b55ca91b624feed8dbc516d&id=05220760c5&e=858b75d631&c=a6a3b823ee)

No comments:

Post a Comment