Saturday, 27 April 2013

Re: Jonathan Coulton News

Hey Chris,

Joco's disfigured henchman, Scarface, here. Thanks for your email.  I'll pass your compliments along to Jonathan.

Let me check with Jonathan / his schedule about possible interview.  I'll try my best to get back to you soon.  Feel free to check in with me again via this email address if I don't respond in a timely manner.

Best,

Scarface


On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Chris Rockett <promomusic11@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey man, looks like this is going great nice work.

You totally inspire me!

Would you be interested in doing a short interview to talk about the project?

Here is the kind of thing I do:

http://www.promoteyourmusic.net/music-career-interviews/music-business-masterclass-disc-makers-cd-baby

Either way you rock my world.

Chris

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Jonathan Coulton <joco@jonathancoulton.com> wrote:
Hello peoples,

I hope you'll forgive the GLUT of emails (two in a row!) that I'm sending you. But as you know, Greg Pak and I are doing this Kickstarter for the "Code Monkey Save World" graphic novel (http://bit.ly/17Bjgrt), and the news just keeps coming. You know I usually try not to bother you too much - rest assured, when the project is over May 15th I'll go back to being my usual silent, sullen, mailing list master.

But for now, exclamation points!!!!!

We're now up to 4,200 backers and almost $170,000, which is plain old crazy town. We've just announced a couple of things that you might want to know about:

1) We reached our last stretch goal very quickly, and the book is now 96 pages, which means 80 story pages, 4 cover pages, and 11 more pages for fun stuff (including Fred Van Lente and Ryan Dunlavey's take on "Mandelbrot Set").

2) Our first round of Code Monkey figurines went fast, so we've added a second round (the "casual Friday" edition). Only five left!

3) We've got a stretch goal at $200,000 where I will go into a studio and record an all acoustic album of all the songs that inspired the book, including the new one that I am going to write for it. The digital version will be sent out to all the backers at and above the $15 level. People often ask for high quality studio acoustic recordings of these songs, and I agree with them. I'm also looking into the possibility of getting some guest vocalists and/or musicians in there too - still just an idea at this point, but could be fun.

4) As part of this, we're offering a new Kickstarter reward: for $750, you and a guest can get yourselves to NYC on one of the recording days and come hang out at the studio for a bit while I record. Transportation and lodging is up to you, but I guess we'll spring for lunch, right? And who knows, I may need some hand claps or some zombie voices while we're at it. Only six available, and last I checked, two were already gone. Obviously if we don't meet the goal and don't make the album, we'll refund your money. Also if for some reason we can't work out the scheduling so that you can come, we'll also refund your money. It will happen sometime in June, I THINK. You also get the comic book and a bunch of related swag.

5) To thank everyone for the overwhelming support, everyone at the $35 level and above now gets a mini poster (probably one of those 10.25 x13 sizes, folded once for shipping, because everybody hates tubes, most of all me).

6) We have more plans! There will be some more cool stretch goals soon, plus some more options for pledge levels that include some new premiums that we are pricing out. I expect we'll have some announcements next week.

Check out all the details here: http://bit.ly/17Bjgrt We fund May 15th, so get in while you can! And my sincere thanks for your time and support and everything else - this project promises to be a ton of fun, and we literally could not have done it without you.

-j




==============================================
You are receiving this email because you signed up on my mailing list.

Unsubscribe promomusic11@googlemail.com from this list:
http://jonathancoulton.us1.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=87b55ca91b624feed8dbc516d&id=05220760c5&e=858b75d631&c=bd4dbf8a82

Our mailing address is:
Jonathan Coulton
172 5th Ave., Box #219
Brooklyn, New York 11217

Our telephone:
347-673-1988

Forward this email to a friend:
http://us1.forward-to-friend2.com/forward?u=87b55ca91b624feed8dbc516d&id=bd4dbf8a82&e=858b75d631

Update your profile:
http://jonathancoulton.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=87b55ca91b624feed8dbc516d&id=05220760c5&e=858b75d631



--
=======================

Chris Rockett - Founder of Music Marketing Classroom.

Click here now to try out the classroom for 10 days and work with me 1 on 1. (Just $4.95)

No comments:

Post a Comment