Thursday, 20 May 2021

Jonathan Coulton News

** I'm Still Here
------------------------------------------------------------

It sure has been a weird time, hasn't it? I have baked all the bread, binged all the shows, and gotten all the vaccines. So I'm thinking maybe it's time to start peeking my head out a little bit to see what's out here.

To that end, I am announcing some "music shows," which is a thing where I stand on a "stage" and play music into a "microphone" and everybody in the room can hear it. Apparently there are people in the room in this scenario. We're trying it out, I don't know, it sounds weird. Paul and Storm will be with me for all of these shows, which were originally scheduled way back before the pandemic.

Tuesday June 29
The Birchmere (Alexandria, VA)
Tickets: https://bit.ly/33WOMnh?mc_cid=c5383be3a4&mc_eid=UNIQID
(This is a rescheduled show, and tickets will be honored from 6/9/21, 12/2/20, and 5/5/20 dates.)

Wednesday June 30
Rams Head On Stage (Annapolis, MD)
Tickets: https://bit.ly/2SSDQVt?mc_cid=c5383be3a4&mc_eid=UNIQID
(This is a rescheduled show, and Rams Head is contacting people who had tickets to the original date.)

Thursday July 1
Rams Head On Stage (Annapolis, MD)
Tickets: https://bit.ly/3f2yAHw?mc_cid=c5383be3a4&mc_eid=UNIQID
(This is a rescheduled show, and Rams Head is contacting people who had tickets to the original date.)

As you might imagine, I have been watching and waiting for signs of when it would be safe to do these kinds of shows again. I'm taking my cues from CDC guidelines, from other artists whose judgment I trust, and from doing my own reading about the science of COVID and the vaccines. If the numbers continue to trend as they have in recent weeks, and if everyone in the room who is able to get the vaccine has done so, I believe we'll be in pretty good shape by the end of June. However, if at any point P&S and I get some new information that makes us think it's not safe to do these shows, we will postpone again.

This means that we are counting on you to help keep these shows safe. We are all in this together, in a very literal way! If you're not vaccinated yet, there's still plenty of time to get it done. But truly, if you are medically eligible to get the vaccine and you choose not to, or if you are not willing to follow whatever distancing/masking policies the venues have in place, please do not come to any of these shows. Any questions you have about venue policies are best directed to the venues, because they are the bosses of us in this regard.

I hope you and your loved ones are safe and well, and I can't wait to play some dumb songs about monkeys and robots for you.

-j

============================================================
** Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/jonathancoulton?mc_cid=c5383be3a4&mc_eid=UNIQID)
** Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/jonathancoultonofficial?mc_cid=c5383be3a4&mc_eid=UNIQID)
** Website (http://jonathancoulton.com?mc_cid=c5383be3a4&mc_eid=UNIQID)
** Instagram (http://instagram.com/realjonathancoulton?mc_cid=c5383be3a4&mc_eid=UNIQID)
Copyright © 2021 Jonathan Coulton, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up on my mailing list.

Our mailing address is:
Jonathan Coulton
534 3rd Ave. #1010
Brooklyn, New York 11215
USA
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences (https://jonathancoulton.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=87b55ca91b624feed8dbc516d&id=05220760c5&e=858b75d631&c=c5383be3a4)
or ** unsubscribe from this list (https://jonathancoulton.us1.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=87b55ca91b624feed8dbc516d&id=05220760c5&e=858b75d631&c=c5383be3a4)

No comments:

Post a Comment